Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wheelhouse???

Well I really like that this topic is right in my bread and butter of sports knowledge.  Lets be honest, I really can fight with the best of em.  First, I need to really direct Greg to www.hockeyfights.com and watch some of the "classics" like Probert v. Domi or Probert v. anyone really.  I would not characterize them as weak or not real fighting.  I do not want to get hit in the face by Derek Boogard and his hand(which is the size of a large SUV).  

When it comes to basketball I do feel that it has become a joke the way they hand out flagrant fouls or fouls in general.  Basketball players feel that any contact is an attack on them personally and they will not hesitate to tell you about it(minus the king).  From what I hear this was not always the case.  In the past players routinely went into the lane and made contact without a whistle being blown.

AHHHHHHH as Im writing this Lebron had to make two free throws to tie the game in the eastern conference finals.  He is unbelievable!!!   I don't care that I am completely changing subjects because I am witnessing greatness night in and night out.  He is unbelievable and I dont think it is even arguable that he isn't.  He should end up with 7 or 8 MVP's by the time its all said and done.  Also Dwight Howard is OVERRATED.  He should be dominating like Patrick Chewing(his coach no less) or Hakeem.  He is a pre-Madonna and I am not going to give him respect until he turns his game into something respectable.  

Back to Lebron, he made both free throws and the game is going into overtime.  Clutch is another attribute Lebron has that others don't.  Physically he has the advantage on 90% of the league and mentally he has the advantage on 99% of the league.  He knows what his team needs and when it needs it.  When its all over he will be one of the top 3 players of all time.  

Back to basketball and hockey.  Simmons talked about a possible "penalty box" for basketball like in hockey except you wouldn't lose a player on the court you would just not be able to play a guy for a half or quarter or whatever based on the infraction that occurred.  I like this idea but it needs to be thought out more and developed so that teams don't take advantage of it with goons and idiots.

Either way something needs to change so that the NBA doesn't become the patsy of the sports world.  Now hockey is another conversation and the changes it needs to make could be our next 7 or 17 posts.  Now to watch Lebron.

-The Wise Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment