Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I could fight. maybe

First I need to point out that G pops made his last post at 6:30 in the fricken morning!!!  Wow that shows some real dedication to this blog.  When it comes to fighting in basketball I agree with everything you said.  But the NBA is a multi million dollar corporation and they have a right to run their company any way they would like.  I just feel the way they are running it will take them to a place of less profitability.  Every sport knows to become more successful you need to widen your fan base, through more markets or a broader fan following.  I know I don't want to go watch and 1 mix tapes every night.  I like that Lebron wears a nice suit to work and does his job with integrity and talent.  I don't like when Dwight Howard complains and flexes all night long.  

Lets think about this as well.  Would some college football players who couldn't make the team as the starting right tackle just go over to the basketball team and start a reputation as a bruiser specifically to get a job in the NBA as a goon.  If that NBA was here, I would not even watch a game all year.  Basketball is a finesse game and yes it does have physical play but to an extent.  I am going back and forth in my head about this topic and the more I think about it the more I just want to go watch HOCKEY.  

Penguins v. Red Wings this season AGAIN!  I like it.  If only the NHL was on a network that wasn't known for bull riding and UFC training shows.  The NHL should be on ESPN and that is not debatable.  ESPN is the only place that makes a sport relevant again.  If you are not on ESPN you are nowhere.  The NHL is such a better game than it was a couple years ago and they have some really marketable players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Cheechoo(I just like the name, but good player too) and Parise(childhood friend of mine).  I want the NHL on ESPN if only for the 5 more hockey highlights a night and the 5 less slam dunks by Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard.  Also why does college basketball have highlights on Sportscenter but college hockey or college baseball doesn't yet both of the baseball and hockey national championships are played on ESPN but the final four is definitely not on ESPN(its on CBS). Unbelievable East coast bias.

I think I had like 5 different topics in that post.  I was watching around the horn while writing and felt the need to change topics for fear of Tony Reality(his new name in my mind) docking me points and cutting me like I was Woody Paige.  Cant wait for PTI up next.  HORN

No comments:

Post a Comment